Inspire students in grades 2nd-5th to actively participate in wildlife preservation as they study animal behavior. Take an expedition with your students through the 500 acre habitat that is Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park to explore the intriguing world of animal behavior. During this interactive survival adventure, students will study, categorize and analyze data on animal behaviors and adaptations.
Key Learning Points
During this interactive field study, students will:
- Observe, discuss and understand the significance of animal adaptations and behaviors and categorize them based on these behaviors.
- Explore the natural world by observing, categorizing, collecting and analyzing data, and communicating findings.
- Discuss challenges to the survival of certain animal species.
- Become aware of the great diversity and interdependence of living things.
- Comprehend that behavior is a response to the environment and influences growth, development, maintenance and reproduction.
- Understand the global impact of human actions on the environment and think in new, more comprehensive ways about the role of conservation in their own lives.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.