Students will explore how gravity and Newton’s laws of motion are fundamental to creating exhilarating theme park experiences.
After completing The Science of Disney Imagineering: Gravity, participants will:
- Be familiar with Newton’s first law of motion.
- Be able to differentiate between balanced and unbalanced forces.
- Demonstrate how force and mass affect the acceleration of an object.
- Explain how Walt Disney Imagineers used an understanding of gravity and Newton’s laws of motion to create the free-fall effects seen/experienced in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ attraction.
- Explain the difference between mass and weight.
- Explain how Walt Disney Imagineers and engineers used an understanding of magnetism and Newton’s laws of motion to accelerate the ride vehicles on Rock ‘n Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith.